Lonely Planet Pocket Rome (Travel Guide)
Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Pocket Rome is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Let gelato melt on your tongue in Piazza Navona, marvel at Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel frescoes, or retrace the footsteps of the ancients amid the Roman Forum's magical ruins; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of the best of Rome and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Pocket Rome:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Free, convenient pull-out Rome map (included in print version), plus over 22 colour neighbourhood maps
- User-friendly layout with helpful icons, and organised by neighbourhood to help you pick the best spots to spend your time
- Covers Ancient Rome, Centro Storico, Tridente, Trevi and the Quirinale, Monti and Esquilino, Celio and Lateran, Aventino and Testaccio, Trastevere and Gianicolo, Vatican City and Prati, Villa Borghese, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Pocket Rome a colourful, easy-to-use, and handy guide that literally fits in your pocket, provides on-the-go assistance for those seeking only the can't-miss experiences to maximise a quick trip experience.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and offbeat experiences, and extensively covers all of Rome's neighbourhoods? Check out our Lonely Planet Rome guide, or Lonely Planet Discover Rome, a photo-rich guide to all of the city's most popular attractions.
- Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out our Lonely Planet Italy guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer, or Lonely Planet Discover Italy, a photo-rich guide to the country's most popular attractions.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
- Paperback: 192 pages
- Publisher: Lonely Planet; 4 edition (15 Jan. 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 174220886X
- ISBN-13: 978-1742208862
- Product Dimensions: 10.6 x 1.4 x 15.3 cm